The IPRM meeting ended to no avail

Mon, 02/09/2019 - 17:54

South Ossetia and Georgia did not reach a general agreement at a technical meeting, where they discussed the issue of a post illegally put up by the Georgian side in the village of Uista (Tsnelis).

“Our position remains unchanged, the roadblock is illegal and the Georgian side must remove it,” Presidential Envoy Murat Dzhioev told IA “Res “.

The date of the next meeting within the framework of the IPRM is still unknown, the parties will agree.

The delegation of South Ossetia for the third time in a week met with the Georgian party.

The South Ossetian side hopes for a constructive position of the Georgian side on this issue, which will remove the tension on the border.

On August 29, representatives of Tskhinval left the meeting in the IPRM format, as the five-hour dialogue did not lead to a compromise between the parties. The head of the delegation of South Ossetia, Yegor Kochiev, said that the South Ossetian party demanded from Georgia to remove the police post on the border in the vicinity of the settlement of Uista (Tsnelis), otherwise the South Ossetian side will take "legal actions to protect the citizens."

On August 30, the second three-hour technical meeting of the contact group within the framework of the IPRM was held in the area of ​​the village of Uista.

"The negotiations of the contact group have ended. Unfortunately, Georgia has not yet proposed a solution to this problem, and our (proposals) are being screened out by them," President Anatoly Bibilov told reporters at the end of the meeting.

He instructed the border guards to completely take control of the territory of this village.

The South Ossetian authorities strongly protested the provocative actions of Georgia, and on the basis of actual cartographic and other materials showed the provocative nature of the actions of the official Tbilisi. The leadership of South Ossetia is taking all necessary measures to protect civilians in the Georgian provocation zone.

Мой мир