News

The border of South Ossetia with Russia will remain closed until July 31

23/06/2020 - 21:41

The government of South Ossetia on Tuesday adopted a new resolution providing for the extension of the state border crossing procedure until 23.59 minutesю July 31, 2020. Previously, the ban on crossing the state border through the checkpoint "Ruck" was valid until June 30.

Not only political figures, but also the public should work on the recognition of the genocide, - Director of the South Ossetian Research Institute

23/06/2020 - 14:21

South Ossetia should talk about the recognition of genocide at all levels and declare it at all venues,” said Robert Gagloyty, Director of the South Ossetian Research Institute.

These days, the Republic is holding commemorative events dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the genocide of the South Ossetian people committed by Georgia. June 20, 1920 13 communards were shot.

In South Ossetia a new case of coronavirus was detected per day in a cadet

23/06/2020 - 12:56

In South Ossetia over the past day 66 tests were conducted for coronavirus, one of them showed a positive result - a cadet who had returned home from Russia, Anna Gagloeva, Deputy Head of the South-Ossetian Consumer Supervision Committee, told IA "Res» on Tuesday.

According to Gagloeva, another five people recovered from the coronavirus and were discharged from the hospital. In total, there were 84 cases for the entire period, of which 50 people recovered and were discharged from the medical facility.

There are no new cases of coronavirus in South Ossetia over the weekend

22/06/2020 - 11:53

There are 181 people under observation in South Ossetia, no new cases of coronavirus have been detected, Anna Gagloeva, Deputy Head of the South-Ossetian Consumer Supervision Committee, told IA "Res» on Monday.

"According to data on the morning of June 22, 38 people with laboratory-confirmed coronavirus are being treated at the Tskhinval infectious diseases hospital, of which 37 are cadets and one from the medical staff. In total, 83 were ill for the entire period, 45 of them recovered and were discharged from the medical institution," - said Gagloeva.

The historian about the Ossetian genocide: any bad deed ends in retaliation

21/06/2020 - 15:48

The genocide of 1920, carried out by Georgia, is one of the gravest crimes against the Ossetian people, head of the Department of history of Ossetia and Caucasian studies of the South Ossetia State University, Candidate of History, Professor Yuri Gagloty said in a comment to IA "RES".

“The whole tragedy of these events lies in the fact that the Georgian professional mobilized army with officers who had been trained in the Russian imperial army were practically fighting against the unarmed Ossetian people,” the historian said.

Address of the President of the Republic of South Ossetia Anatoly Bibilov to the nation in connection with the centennial of the Ossetian genocide

20/06/2020 - 16:35

People of Ossetia! Brothers and sisters!
Today in Ossetia is the anniversary of mournful memory, the memory of one of the most tragic pages in the history of Ossetians - the genocide committed by Georgia in 1920. The victims of genocide then became tens of thousands of people - children, women, old people; South Ossetia lost a third of the Ossetian population.

Pages